ad2

ad1

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Riki explains Depor exit


 Riki has bid farewell to Deportivo today, confirming that his decision not to renew his contract was tough, but taken back in December.
The 32-year-old, who has been with Depor since 2006, leaves this summer on a free transfer having failed to agree a new deal with the Galicians.
“Mentally I was not ready to leave Deportivo. But, I had taken the decision long ago and that was that,” Riki told reporters today.
Despite Depor’s season ending in last-day relegation, Riki enjoyed a personal best 13 goals in the top flight.
“It has been three tough years. At a mental level I have suffered enough stress and I need a change of scenery. I’m sad, I’m sorry for the team’s situation.
“My dream was to leave with them in the Primera Division, I tried up until the end, but things did not go as we planned.
“In the time I have been here I have given as much of me as I can and I think I can leave with my head held high and with a clear conscience.
“I will always carry Deportivo in my heart and this is a very difficult decision.
“I made it in December, when the team went into bankruptcy and we didn’t speak and negotiations went stagnant.”




copied from football-espana.net

No comments:

Post a Comment